Carmichael Redwing FT/6 CrT Land Rover
In searching for referance information on Carmichael Redwing conversions I've found these
Sites with FT/6 Redwing pictures
Interesting page of brochures. Has the complete FT range - FT/1 through FT/6.
- Fire and Emergency vehicles - Land Rover page
- The National Transportation Museum of Ireland - Real nice picture of af an FT/6 Redwing
from 1990 and a more current shot of the same truck from 2001 when it was donated to the museum.
Nice writeup on Land Rovers in general.
- Military Vehicle Drawings by Mick Bell.
- Mick seems to be a nice guy - if you are looking for drawings of military or fire vehicles,
check his page. No photos, but a long list of drawings. Lots of Land Rover's, too..
- Land Rovers at the Heritage Motor Centre.
- Web pages sponsered by the Empire Rover Owners Society which is more or less an Internet
based club in North America. The club pages don't seem to have been updated in a while and some
links may not work, but the following two photos are still there.
- Bus Conversion
- Either a II or IIa FT/6 Redwing in sorry condition. Interesting paint scheme.
- Series III
- Quite a differant body style - still a Carmichael forward control conversion.
- Ketil Oftedahl
- Ketil Oftedahl is a Land Rover and Fire Engine collector from Norway and supplied some of the photos here.
Sites with Land-Rovers in Fire Service
- The Firetrack Archives
- The Fire Vehicle Archives - Pictures, Brigade links, Enthusiast links, and much more!
- Archie McKinnon's Fire Engine Website
- Lots of photos, a great 2002 calender and Archie has a page dedicated to forward control
Land Rover's. Archie is also a Land Rover enthusiast. Worth a look.
- Fire Service Preservation Group
- FSPG - East Anglia Branch - homepage. Photos of preserved fire appliances, calender of
events, links to other stuff
- Hampshire Fire Service
- Pictures of appliances used from 1948 to 1974.
- Internet Landrover Club
- Some pictures of Land Rover appliances from the Internet Land Rover Club
The home page is worth a look-see just for land Rover info.
Other related stuff
- The website for "Turnout" magazine.
- Carmichael International
- Still in business and still producing fire fighting equipment. Carmichael has finally begun
production of thier own chassis.
- Series Two Club
- The Land Rover Series Two Club in the UK. Open to all Land Rovers built between 1958 and
Last update - 08 Aug, 2005